Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well, I am closing in on my 37th week of pregnancy and my 17th week of bed rest here in the next few days. I can't believe I have almost made it to my goal! God has been so faithful in taking care of me and the baby and our entire family throughout this pregnancy, and I am so grateful. I pray he continues to take care of us, although I am sure he will.

On Wednesday, I found out that the baby was measuring a bit on the small side, so I've been going in for non-stress tests (NSTs) and monitoring this week. My doctor also ordered another ultrasound for next week to see how much the baby grows in the two weeks between the ultrasounds. I'm hoping she'll grow enough and that it will have just been an error that she was measuring small. But we'll see... I'm being monitored closely, so I'm sure the doctor will catch any issues that arise. I have an NST appointment on Friday, an ultrasound on Tuesday, possibly another NST appointment on Tuesday as well, and a regular doctor appointment on Wednesday.

Of course, I may or may not make it to any of those appointments. It's crazy to think that I could go into labor anytime now and it would be pretty much okay. I'm anxious to meet my little girl but would still like her to stay inside for a little longer, especially now that I know she is measuring small. I want her to grow as much as possible before she arrives!

No comments: